- Opt for warm, late-summer colors. Late summer is the perfect time for rich corals, teal blues, and sunflower yellows. Add extra throw-cushions, a new rug, or a set of new vases to add dimension and reflect the warmest days of the season.
- Use mirrors. You can add light to your porch without adding extra lamps. Decorate with mirrors to reflect the existing light in the space. Mirrored trays and wall hangings all can create a feeling of brightness, even when the sun isn't at its highest point.
- Get the fan going. Install a fan or keep your existing fan running to cool the area to a comfortable temperature. If you close your eyes at dusk, you may feel the similarity between a good fan on a summer night and the wind coming in off the ocean on a beach.
- Add some curtains. Linen is the ideal fabric for screened-in porches. Add a flowing, beachy charm to your screened-in porch with a few sets of curtains strategically placed around the porch. Keep them open for a purely aesthetic appeal or close them when the weather gets too warm or bright.
- Install a new feature. Looking for extra natural light in your space? A skylight can add more brightness to the interior of the space and bring in the warmth of summer throughout the year. A fireplace is another year-round addition that can make cool summer and autumn nights relaxing and inviting.
- Build on a theme. Whether you choose beaches, gardens, or other summery design themes, add elements of the design in connecting rooms in the home to extend the flow of summer throughout the home.
- Get a swing. A swing is the quintessential piece of any porch layout. A glider or swing offers a relaxing space for napping, reading, or enjoying the sounds, smells, and views around your home.
- Add height. Summer evokes a feeling of airiness and warmth. If you want to keep that feeling throughout the year, consider raising the height of the ceiling to add more flow or opening more of the space with a door replacement to let in more light throughout the home.
Summer is a good time to experiment with new designs and decorations for your screened-in porch. Turn it into a place you love spending time with fun, simple, and transforming changes.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9131097
While we still have a little warm weather to look forward to, why not incorporate some of these ideas into your screened-in porch? Of course, if you are thinking about adding space onto an existing porch or building an entirely new one, why not give us a call to see how we can help?
3810 Clemmons Road
Clemmons, North Carolina 27012